PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Thechnicien nursery seed production is in charge to supervise the activity of hybrids productions, by hand, in nursery since the reception of the seed to the expedition. Oversee the RGS project and FHM.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Proposes and discusses the most adapted strategy with the Production Manager Seeds Corn Europe, to implement a good coordination of seasonal workers in nursery in order to meet the requirements of breeders.
2. Operational Responsibilities
The main tasks of the Technician Nursery Seed Production:
• Participates at the reception of seed and validate that;
• Realizes the sowing map with the seasonal workers;
• Realizes the sowing with sowing machine and GPS tools;
• Realizes treatments in vegetation as herbicide or insecticide if needed;
• Creates files and managed files with the volume of seed production and the technology used in the nursery;
• Coordinates seasonal workers during all activities in nursery in special the flowering;
• Makes notations during vegetation and shelling too if needed;
• Participated at the creation of new protocols in order to improve the activity;
• Participates in meeting organized by the manager.
• Reports to the nursery manager.
3. Team management
• Manage the seasonal workers in nursery.
• Take care of their well-being and they respect all the safety instructions as well as the rules of the QSE.
• Ensure that your team members participate in the requested training internally and externally.
• Check that all safety instructions are followed.
• Check that the equipment used complies with the safety rules.
- All the different teams present on the site
- Breeders, coordinating breeders, seed production coordinator, seed production manager and Breeder Knowledge Group.
- The site security relay and Station Manager
- The Equipment maintenance service
- External providers
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SAFETY TASKS
You need to respect all communication and compliance with the safety rules and company code of conduct. As well as the conformity of equipment used for carrying out the operations for which you are involved. You must ensure that safety conditions are observed in every situation regardless of the challenges and priorities that affect the activities being conducted.
- Monitor and keep the risk assessment of your activities up to date and implement preventative actions within your activities.
- Explain the relevance of rules and procedures in the matter of safety and ensure they are applied,
- Report and have any malfunctions, accidents or near accidents dealt with by the appropriate players (managerial line, safety department, site manager, etc.).
- Conduct, with the safety department, accident inquiries and analyses.
- Encourage positive behavior and correct unsuitable behavior.
- Serve as an example in the matter of safety by your behavior.
Member of the corn seed production research team Limagrain Europe.
Do missions to other production sites.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in agronomy
- Significant experience in agronomy or seed production it is a plus;
- Solid maize knowledge ;
- Successful experience in team management;
- English ;
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Customer focus and listening skills;
- Organization, planning;
- Sense of urgency and ability to make decisions quickly;
- Attention to details;
- With a good relationship you favor the collective sense;
- Drivin license cat. B